Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Surgery and an update

I had my surgery yesterday and I have to say that was one of the worst things that I have EVER had to go through.
I went into the OR room thinking that I was going to be put under(completely asleep) and boy was I dead wrong...
The Dr. comes in and proceeds to tell me that they are booked in every room to do the surgery and then tells me that there is BAD NEWS... Not the two most excitable words that you wanna hear when your about to go in for surgery!!!
So he tells me that the rooms are full and that the anesthesiologists are all busy and that the one that they can get will not put me under but that he will give me a local anesthesia and that I will have to be awake for the surgery or that I can cancel and reschedule for a later time and date...
Well of course as most of you know who read my Blog that I have had about enough of the pain that I am in...
I tell him that I am in no way cancelling the surgery and to do whatever necessary to get this stint out of me because I am done with feeling pain...

So he says that it is completely up to me; well I of course start to cry because I am already scared as it is and don't want to feel anymore pain from this and I freak out.
I don't know what to think or what to do or say!

I tell him to go on with the surgery but to do whatever he can to try and keep me out of pain.
Let me just tell you that some Dr's. just don't care how much pain you are in... and what is the point in pointing out that I am larger than most people and that I shouldn't be put under to begin with... I was ticked about that because I have been put under so many times before without any issues.

So I wont go into full detail as to what all was done to me, but they removed the stint from my ureter tube on my left side and when they went in to remove it there was a large mushroom like stone clinging to it. So of course they had to go in and break that stone up as much as they could and then try and get all the pieces out.
If the removing of the stint wasn't painful enough the breaking of the stone was. And reminding you that I was awake for the entire thing. Meaning I could hear everything and feel mostly everything. There was a time that the Dr. told me that I was snoring on the table, but I honestly don't remember. I was in so much pain I just remember saying and screaming OUCH allot!

Well the surgery went well according to the Dr. and I am home now. I actually was able to go to bed at a decent time and not be in pain..., but I woke up at 3:10 this am. and I have been having lower back pain right where my left kidney is.
I'm worries because of course I just had surgery and because I don't want to be in anymore pain. I don't know what to do or think. It hurts so bad that I had to take a muscle relaxer and that doesn't seem to be helping much.

So all I ask from you guys today is that you would please pray for me and I will continue to recover and not be in anymore pain.

Thank you all! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments with me! Comments that are deemed by the blog author to be rude, argumentative, or other wise offensive will not be published.