Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday: Engagement story



Tuesday: Engagement story

O today is Tuesday and it is the day to tell your engagement story!

My Mr. Wonderful purposed to me at a place that he holds dear to his own heart.
He proposed by the bay of Corpus Christi, TX.
Out by the naval base.

I was getting ready to go to church on a Wednesday night and he called me to tell me that I needed to be ready early enough for us to be able to stop somewhere before we went to church.
I thought that was odd because he didn't usually do that because he was the type that didn't want to be late for church... we weren't anyway, but it was the fact that it was normal for him to do that.

So he picks me up and tells me that we are going out to this spot. we have been there a few times to talk and it was hos way of telling me about his dad that had died when he was 10 years old.
You see his dad used to take him fishing at the very spot that he proposed to me at.
I thought that was very special because it always held a special place in his heart as well.

Well now it holds a special place in my heart too, one because he proposed to me that very night and two because he shared that moment with me and his dad...
I just love that he chose to share that spot with me.

He did the norm...
He set out a blanket when we got there and we sat down and talked about the story of how his dad used to take him there to go fishing and I started to cry because I just thought of how nice it would have been to be able to meet him.
He started to get teary eyed and that is when I knew that he was going to propose because he literally got down on one knee and he told me that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me...
And of course I said yes!

SO needless to say; I had allot to tell that night at church... I got to show of my ring and I got to tell how he took me to a place that meant so much to him .

1 comment:

  1. I've so enjoyed reading your love story- get well soon, with G-d's help!

    Blessings,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments with me! Comments that are deemed by the blog author to be rude, argumentative, or other wise offensive will not be published.