Thursday, August 13, 2009

Squirrel~We Named Him Nutter

I was watching Lost last night on Netflix and I kept hearing a squeaking noise... The A/C kicked off and I kept hearing it thinking...CRAP we must have mice or something.
Well much to my surprise; I followed the squeak and found that it was coming from outside and so I went to investigate.
Well to my surprise it was a baby squirrel that the outside cat was just sitting there batting around playing with it. Had no intentions of killing it, but playing with it.
So I of course took it in and decided to try and nurse it back to health.
He made it to the morning and was just fine. I called a vet to see what I should do and was referred to a lady in the area that takes in these animals(they consider them wild) and she continued to tell me that it is ILLEGAL to keep a squirrel in your home. Needless to say; we took him to the lady in town and she is going to nurse him back to health and then eventually release him.
I am excited for him, yet sad that he had to go; but I know that its for the best.
We are going to keep contact till he is released and receive pictures and whatnot.
We took a few of our own at home as well...


Update: Sadly Nutter didnt make it through the night last night! He passed away due to the enjuries that he recieved from the pesky cat that was playing with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments with me! Comments that are deemed by the blog author to be rude, argumentative, or other wise offensive will not be published.