Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Long Night

We just had a catastrophe here at our apartment complex. We were sitting here at the house and we received a phone call telling us that the lady upstairs apartment is on for or something because there is smoke smell coming from their apartment and that the smoke detector is going off. So I decide to go over to the apartment to make sure that no one is home and there are people outside telling me that the ladies car is home but they have been knocking and that no one is answering but that the apartment is full of smoke. I head upstairs with my brother in law and try to look inside and all you can see is smoke. I go ahead and take it upon myself to try and break a window because I don't want to take the chance that someone is in there. Luckily there was a crack in the window of the apartment and I was able to break the window and unlock it and someone climbed in and unlocked the door. The lady that lives in the apartment had left a pan in the oven and had it set to broil and had laid down on the sofa and fell asleep. My brother in law had to go in and search the apartment to make sure that no one was in there and saw that she was laying on the sofa unconscious and tried to wake her up. My sister had come upstairs by then and literally punched the lady in the arm to wake her. Mind you this lady was half naked when we found her on the sofa. She was disoriented and talking funny and making no sense. I'm just glad that she is ok and that the apartment didn't actually catch fire and no one was seriously hurt. Thank the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments with me! Comments that are deemed by the blog author to be rude, argumentative, or other wise offensive will not be published.